The Kindergarten section of Devagiri CMI Public School is a two year cohesive and well-coordinated program for four and five-year-old children. It provides the following:
* Holistic learning which includes physical development, visual and performing arts, and life skills that are developed through activities like outdoor trips and excursions.
* Activities that highlight play and inquiry, capitalizing on the children’s natural curiosity and exuberance.
* An atmosphere of harmony and diversity that celebrates similarities and respects differences.
* Positive experiences in children that set the foundation for lifelong learning, good behaviour, health and hygiene, personal safety and well-being. Thus, winning the trust and confidence of the child.
* Partnership with families and communities.
* A knowledgeable and reflective workforce, responsive to children’s needs.
The Kindergarten program at DCMIPS is designed to help children discover their potential. It recognizes that today and in the future, children need to be critically literate in order to synthesize information, make informed decisions, communicate effectively, and thrive in an ever-changing global community. It is important that children see themselves in what is taught, how it is taught, and how it applies to the world at large.
The Kindergarten has a safe, healthy and centralised air-conditioned environment conducive for a full day learning experience. It upholds policies and promotes initiatives that contribute to a positive school climate in which all members of the school community can feel secure and accepted and can enter into respectful interactions and healthy relationships.